Re: [IP] Contradictions, or...is it really that bad?

Up until a few months ago, diabetes was this evil thing that prevented me
from living  a "normal" life. Being a 7 year old  at a new school two months
in to the school year made being different that much harder. When I was
little I could never eat  the amount of food that I was "ordered" to by the
nutrionist. Needless to say I gained A LOT of weight over the years because I
could/can never tell when I am full. I hated being called a freak, a drug

When I would get High BG s I would have to sneak up to the teacher and tell
her that I had to go to the nurses office and would whisper that I was high
so that none of the other kids could hear me and make fun of me. The first
summer I had D my grandmother took 3 of the grandkids to Italy for a month on
her own.  I hated how she would carry EVERY single piece of diabetes supplies
in a HUGE bag everywhere I went. She would freak out if I left one piece of
pasta on my plate because she didnt want me to get low. I then had to deal
with my father (parents are divorced)  who REFUSED to take care of me because
 it was my MOM'S JOB.

So you ask if Diabetes is that bad. I respond by saying that diabetes itself
is not that bad. What is bad is the "side effects". I had to grow up quickly
as do all the other diabetic children. Now that I have two possibly three
other autoimmune diseases I look at Diabetes as preparing me to deal with
whatever comes my way.