Re: [IP] Re: Mini Med Problems

In a message dated 9/25/02 9:02:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> If we all work together I believe our actions will bring positive
> changes....but we have to take our problems and suggestions to the CEO
> as well as each other and the MM service reps

   Well-said...My daughter has used MM pumps for 6 1/2 years. I too have been
in contact with senior management & have found them to be very responsive.
They are well aware of just how disgruntled many customers are at the present
time (they read IP too!) & are working to resolve these legitimate concerns
by hiring & training additional employees. It is a TOP concern. Many of the
current frustrations are attributable to corporate changes since the merger
with Medtronic, & also the plethora of "brand new" consumers upgrading to the
Paradigm simultaneously.
    Animas, conversely, "released" their initial pumps slowly so that they
COULD be accessible & responsive to their new customers. Their senior
management is extremely astute & extremely attentive to their customers. That
said, it doesn't imply that MM's corporate ethics are "let the buyer be
damned" - rather, that they misjudged the avalanche of calls to customer
service that would follow the launch of the Paradigm.
   Bottom line - whether you're dealing with Animas, MM, Ford or
K-Mart.....if you're not part of the "solution", then you're still part of
the "problem"....Working with my husband has taught me that you don't accept
a "NO" from someone not empowered to give you a "YES"...if it means enough,
it's worth pursuing it until you get some satisfaction...
Renee (Melissa's pump mom/advocate,  & also a breast cancer survivor who
jumped through LOTS of insurance hoops to get back the THOUSANDS of dollars
we had paid out-of-pocket for my meds!!)