[IP] RE: Halle Berry

Just found this on the Web:

Although Berry didn't win Miss World, she did walk away from her pageant
years with enough money to pull herself through community college. She
enrolled at Cleveland's Cuyahoga Community College in 1986 to study
broadcast journalism, but upon completing her degree decided to pursue a
modeling career and to study acting in Chicago. She quickly earned one
of the leading role on a glamorous TV sitcom. Not bad for a first-timer!
The short-lived show, Living Dolls, was a spin off of Who's The Boss? It
was about four, young struggling models. Berry played a serious- minded
model wannabe hoping to use her earnings to put herself through medical
school. Unfortunately, nobody watched, and the plug was pulled on Living
Dolls after only three months. During this time Berry was diagnosed with
diabetes not long after she collapsed into a diabetic coma while taping
the show, she has since become an active volunteer of the Juvenile
Diabetes Association.

"Sometimes, in the middle of a work day, it can be a little inconvenient
to say: I have to go shoot up (with insulin). Can you excuse me please?
I used to think in the beginning: Oh, they're going to think I'm a prima
donna. But I got over that saying: This is life."