[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #641

>Here's the amazing part for me - I've not met one
>single other type 1 in over 25 years (since those
>summer camp days).  Incredible that there I was in the
>middle of nowhere and met a kindred soul.
>Just thought I'd share my feel-good story.
>- -gail back in denver
>dx'd 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish

I recently (like a week ago) saw another type I in the flesh for the first
time ever.  Of course, for me it was at the endos, so there was no small
world coincidence about it (poor kid was 17 and diagnosed a month ago :( ).
It has always seemed really odd to me that I haven't met others.  I just
moved to san diego where I don't know anyone and I keep thinking that what I
really need is to find a great friend who is diabetic, loves dogs, is
liberal to the point that the rest of the world is disgusted by her, and has
a great hubby that can get along with mine.  Maybe I'll have to let go of
the diabetic part.

BTW, I was raised at festivals like that and they were great fun!  I was
quite famous for my clogging when I was 13 and 14.  Of course, it was my
mother's "thing," not mine, so I've moved on, but happy to hear that people
are still doing it...

dx'd at 23 in '93