[IP] Novorapid Use

            I am a new pumper with a MiniMed Paradigm and am using NovoLog.
My endo chose NovoLog over Humalog because NovoDisk sought and received FDA
approval for NovoLog use specifically in insulin pumps.  Lilly developed
Humalog for pumps but decided to fore go the FDA approval for use in pumps.
That is what I was told.  I have seen a couple of comparisons of Humalog to
NovoLog characteristics and in one write up the author was of the opinion that
NovoLog was a bit better in several ways.  NovoLog acts a bit faster.  NovoLog
reaches its peak activity in 40 minutes while HumaLog reaches its peak
activity in 75 minutes.  This was said to be a benefit as it more closely
matched food digestion.  Also it finishes affecting Bg sooner, by about one
hour.  This info was at www.diabetesnet,net .  I am not familiar with the
insulin  Novorapid.

                                            Sincerely,  Rex