[IP] Carbs per Insulin Unit Ratio

            This is my first post on this forum.  It also is my first
experience with the format of this forum which is confusing to me so far with
regard to keeping track of the threads, messages and their indexes.

            I have been pumping since Aug 12 or 6 weeks, so I am still new and

            I am curious about the Carb to insulin ratio.  My educator team
has instructed me to bolus 1 unit (NovoLog) per 10 grams of carbs consumed,
and this seems to work.  But I count and log all carbs consumed and average
about 200 grams per day.  My total (basel plus boluses) daily average insulin
dose is about 35 units per day.  Now 200 carbs divided by 35 units equals 5.7
carbs per unit.  Should I be using 1 unit per 5.7 grams of carbs?

            I am also vaguely aware of a so called 500 rule to use when using
NovoLog.  Dividing 500 by 35 units equals 14.3 carbs per unit?  Three
different numbers, I am so confused.

                                                    Sinderely,  Rex