Re: [IP] Diabetes Breakthrough Article

Actually the word "diabetes'" is the name of  a symptom and not a specific
disease, although it's not really seen that way anymore. There are several
diseases that cause diabetes, so to treat it with insulin will cure the
symptom (diabetes) but will not cure the condition, which has never been
properly named.  In doctor's language he may have been thinking along those
You can cure a headache (which is another symptom) but not necessarily cure
the condition or disease that caused the headache.