[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #642

I've had diabetes for a bit over 30 years.  And I've
always enjoyed beer (but not for ALL of those 30
years). :-)

I only have two or three beers spread out over many
hours.  I've been known to leave a perfectly good
bottle of open beer - untouched.  Horrible thing to do
to a great beer, but I don't drink to get drunk!  Too
much beer makes for REALLY bad fiddle playing.

I eat (snack) while I drink.  And I bolus for the
carbs in both the beer & for what I'm eating.  Don't
usually have any problems.

The key here is moderation - as in everything else.

Vague memory that you are in Kansas...  where exactly?
 I grew up in Ark City.  Saw Dr. Guthrie in Wichita.
Have been in Denver for 20 years.

-gail in denver
dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish.

> drink beer being
> diabetic and if so, how much and for how long have
> you been drinking beer.
> I'm curious because my daughter who is Type I for 32
> years, drinks beer too
> (quite a bit at times I think) and it concerns me.
> Thanks, Tammy

Do you Yahoo!?