[IP] Re: Stem-cells and ADA, JDRF

Ok Ryan I don't want to be negative here, so I will be informative.
Stem cell research is not limited to embryonic stem cells, they are also
developing and using stem cells from your own body, hence eliminating
the need for those nasty anti-rejection drugs.  Nobody has to die from
the harvest of stemcells, and if someone can develope a way to create a
new pancrease from our own fat (that's where they get the stem cells)
then by all means make me a pancrease.  I think any research that
promotes a cure is a positive step and if the good lord doesn't want it
to happen then it won't.

                         Have a good day       Scott

>>> email @ redacted 09/23/02 01:37PM >>>
I know some don't have a problem with embryonic stem-cell
research...but I'm, personally, adamently against it.  I contacted the

ADA and the JDRF, and both directly support embryonic stem-cell
research financially as a means for trying to find a cure.

My question is, does anyone know of an diabetes organization that
supports research, but does NOT support stem-cell research?  It seems
that every time there is a fund-raising event, it is either the ADA or

JDRF that sponsors it, so I'm unable to participate for moral/ethical
reasons.