Re: [IP] Mary tyler moore, her contribution to diabeasties.

""What I'm saying is, when she was younger, it would have been nice for her to advocate like some of these other stars do.  For example, the way Jerry Lewis advocates for MD, or some of the other stars do for AIDS, the annual fundraiser all the Harley Riders have,""

Jerry Lewis advocates but DOESN'T have the disease - and hence isn't fighting potential predjudace. This is true of many who speak out on various causes. MTM managed to be a working actress and apparently didn't have too many problems getting roles - but as many of us have seen - there can be people who think we can't do something because of the diabetes. It was a different climate in the 70's towards chronic disease - had she been more of a spokesperson she might have had difficulties in working.

Linda & Dax