Re: [IP] Pumpers travel Network

On 9/22/02 7:15 PM, "Susan Kinzelman" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> It would be really nice to set up some sort of pumpers' network for when
> people (pump people) are traveling in case someone has an emergency or
> someone needs help with something. I figure,  there are enough of us to
> cover just about every state. 8-)

There are enough of us to cover about every country.   B>)

That is one reason the Admins ask to have you indicate what area of the
country(ies) you live in when we do your Profile.  But actually, if you are
traveling and encounter such a problem, post your location to the list and
alternate ways you can be contacted or watch closely for a Reply.  You know
just how we all pull together in times of crisis.

> Is anyone else interested in setting up some sort of a pumpers travel network?
> One or two people in each state could be a contact for the state.

Too limiting.  Why would we just want two people from each state (country)
watching the List for people in trouble.  Wouldn't we like for those two
people  to have lives also?   Why not 4,000 people world-wide, and if we all
get out there and toot our own horns we can be 40,000 people on the pump,
ready to help others in trouble!    :>)