[IP] Weight loss question

I have put on some weight since going on the pump (I had some extra weight
even before pumping).  I know that the reason is that I always seem to be
hungry (I have always been a "good eater") and I can't seem to stop that so I
am constantly eating.  So, I have a question (well 2).  Number 1, Why can't
diabetics take weight loss pills/appetite suppressants such as
metabo-life..... etc?  And a second question, are there any safe OTC weight
loss pills/appetite suppressants that a diabetic (or anyone for that matter)
can take?  Thanks.

       Pumping since 7-18-02 with my blue Paradigm "Lancelot"