Re: [IP] Minimed Glucose Tablets

In a message dated 9/22/2002 12:29:47 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Has anyone tried the minimed glucose tablets?  I am wondering if the
> tubes(10 tabs) are the reusable plastic tubes (kind of like a smartie tube)
> I've seen these at a diabetes camp I worked at and havn't been able to buy
> them anywhere?  Are they the ones or are they just a wrapper tube?

They're in a reusable plastic tube -- we tend to buy a few tubes of a given
flavor and then refills those from the bottles of tabs of the same flavor.
I'm surprised you haven't seen them elsewhere, though.  At least in my
experience, many pharmacies put their own brand name on them and sell the
tubes and the bottles.  I don't use the Wal-Mart pharmacy, but I think I
remember other pumpers parents mentioning that they carry them -- so you
might want to try there (assuming you're in the US).  But, yes, the ones on
the Minimed site are in the plastic tubes &  the bottles -- I ordered some
from there a while back when they offered some flavors we couldn't get
locally . . .

Pumpmama to Katie