Re: [IP] Ultraflex Users

At 08:09 PM 9/22/02, you wrote:
>Diane, I used to have similar problems when i first started using the
>ultraflex.  Turned out i was inserting them incorrectly.  you need to
>hold just the blue end of the introducer needle.  Don't touch the
>plastic.  Insert the needle, then press down firmly on the plastic
>body and pull out the needle.
>   I used to hold both the plastic and needle, and i'd often get crimping too.
>- -wayne

I have tried the UltraFlex again and again with poor results.  I finally
gave up on them and switched to the QuickSet which I find much easier to
handle and insert.  The one thing I noticed with the UltraFlex was that
they did not insert smoothly, perhaps because of the thicker cannula.  I
found that they would go in, hang up, and I would have to push again to
complete the insertion.    Most of the time this resulted in a bent
cannula.  The QuickSets, for me, insert much more smoothly and easily.