Re: [IP] Sara smarty pant's question about glucose metabolism

What would happen if someone took too many amino acids?
I'm wondering because I was taking very large quantities of trytophan, then
shortly after that I was diagnosed with type 1. I've found out a couple of
things since then.
When you take tryptophan,  you need enough vitamin B6 to metabolize it. If
you don't have B6, the partially metabolized tryptophan turns into a
substance that bonds to insulin, rendering it ineffective. This is part of
what gestational diabetes is.

Proteins are "deaminated" and converted to glucose in a Wasting process