Re: [IP] Re: "Pizza effect

At 03:15 PM 9/20/02 -0400, you wrote:
  >So the big question on everyone's mind, Liz, is what do you bolus for
  >your delicious home made pizza?

3 units for a 2-1/2 x 5" rectangle.

	Well based on my photographic recall of 10th grade geometry,
that 12.5 sq in area of your pizza is about equal to a normal  pizza
wedge from an 11.5 in round pizza divided into 8 slices.   That is a
tiny pizza, tinier than any local  pizza i can get delivered.
   So have we finally solved the pizza mystery?  I mean if you have a
slice from a normal 16 in large pizza, one slice is exactly twice the
area of one of your slices.  So you would need 6 u for that, but
that's a lot of insulin per slice, and i bet most people don't do
that much.