Re: [IP] Pump Article in "Emergency Medicine"

Excellent overview article-copy now exists here, and should Hubby need ER
(know it won't be pump related!), will bring this along to make sure ER MD
understands that if he has no pump knowledge (well, maybe even if he does),
don't open the mouth to suggest anything related to pumping.
My favorite pumping story is from last year when Hubby's BP was
sky-rocketing on a Sunday, PCP (not his Endo-PCP had been the one who did
the referral to Endo months before after our move) sent him to ER.  ER MD
tried to argue that Hubby should be using R not H in the pump.
Well, when I asked MD how many pts he's treated who pump, how many pumps
he's prescribed and done the initial basal/bolus/I:C, etc, calcs, he started
stammering.  I then asked him if he'd even ever seen a pump, "Er-r, ah, no,"
so I asked him (Hubby ok by this time) would he like to, "Oh, yes," and thus
began a basic class in insulin pumping.  Sure hope this MD reads this
Marj; Mike (I'm not into computers, but glad to be on this list); and "Ace,
the PP" (portable pancreas)