Re: [IP] Re: Family trees?

I remember years ago reading something about a study done at Joslin. They
found that a woman who had gestational diabetes, was more likely to develop
type 2 diabetes, later on in life. And that her baby was more likely to
develop type 1 diabetes. I have no idea if that's still what they are
thinking or if they've changed their minds about that. I have a lot of type
2 in my family on both sides, but to the best of anyone's knowledge I am
the first and only type 1 anyone has ever seen in either of the families in
my family tree.

I got diabetes when I was taking large amounts of the amino acid trypohan
and it seems likely that I was predisposed to type 1. Maybe if I hadn't
taken the trytophan, I wouldn''t have gotten t1.