Re: [IP] Re: Glucagon

When Josh was dxd 5 years ago our endo told us to only use HALF of the
glucagon kit.  But he also told us that glucagon will make kids (and
apparently adults) sick afterwards.  That is why he has always told us that
glucagon should be a last resort.  I have never had to use glucagon on
Josh...knock-on-wood...but always manage to have glucose tabs, juice or
Smarties handy for when he starts to go low.  It has taken a better part of
these 5 years for Josh to know when he is going low.  It is not always 100%
either.  So we test 6-8 times during the day and hope for the best!  I have
never carried Glucagon with us when we are away.  Some of these stories make
me feel that I should.  I'll have to rethink this issue.

Thanks for sharing!

mom to Joshua