[IP] Re: Family trees?

On 9/21/02 9:19 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> But, wouldn't those 15 y/o's have died probably before they had children and
> able to pass DM on? I'd think it would stop there. Since they are
> discovering there are many causes for Type 1, which is an autoimmune
> disease, I still believe the 8 years of constant untreated boils, sties, and
> carbuncles I suffered beginning

Those fifteen year olds were in *MY* tree, what about others' "trees"?
Incidentally, 15 and menstruating was grounds for marryin' off in those
days. MY point was the 15 year old didn't HAVE to have kids, love, they may
have had the GENE and the siblings who didn't get it may well have passed on
the same type of gene to the next generation.

Jan, this is the poster and *I* was referring to type 1 diabetes.

*I* am also the only one with diabetes (Yes, yes, type 1) in my immediate
family. I just don't believe the genetic code for diabetes (T1) "Magically
appears" in a modern offspring. It -from what *I* am led to believe- can lay
dormant for generations and is a very "old" ailment.

AFAIK, my daddy wasn't an alien and my mom wasn't either, so it (The D) came
from good old Eartheon stock.

Q: What's another name for the "Intel Inside" sticker they put on Pentiums?
A: Warning label.

Jenny Sutherland