[IP] Occlusion Alarms

I had a situation this week where my cannula was actually bent at a 90
degree angle and preventing infusion.  I had changed my site before
dinner, went out and ate dinner and tested at 363 one hour later.  Very
quickly, my blood sugar rose to 450 and then 513.  After changing the
site and realizing it was kinked and taking a correction by injection
(not necessarily in that order, of course!), everything rapidly came
back into line.

My question is this: I bolused 10 units for dinner and then another 6
for correction before realizing the site was bad.  However, I did not
get an occlusion alarm.  Is this normal?  Has it happened to anyone

Meredith, dx 4/83, pumping 5/02