Re: [IP] Which pump is the right one?

> In a message dated 9/20/02 10:41:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> >
> > The Dallas restrictions are artifically imposed by the doctors
> > themselves. Dallas is tough for pumpers of any age. There's also
> > nothing wrong with just using your pediatrician. Many times the pump
> > companies can steer you to a cooperative physician that has pump
> > patients.
> >
> > sigh.... yes, wish it were easier. I'm workin' on it :-)
> >
> > Michael
> > Michael
> You are SO right....if I can help make changes, please let me
> know....

Make noise, don't accept the status quo, let your legislators,
educators, insurance company, doctor, anyone that will listen know
about diabetes, and your expectations. Help spread the word about
pump therapy and the wonderful changes it can make in quality of life
for a person with diabetes. My motivation is that I've SEEN this
device give a child back her childhood. Everyone with diabetes should
have that opportunity.  heh... heh.... not that all of us should go
back to being kids again, but you know what I mean.