[IP] Why don't we have a search function?

We have a great library on informative posts, tips, sugggestions, and reviews
on this site.  However, so much of it is inaccessable.

Is there anyway the administrators can add a search funtion to this site?

I remember a few years ago a group member came up with one on his own, but he
lost his membership once site mgmt found out.  I can't be the only one here
who remember this...the poor guy was pleading his case to everyone...what