[IP] Kay's 13 year old

Hi Kay.

I agree that it's a bad idea to use fear of long term complications as a tool
to acheive good control.  After all, it's scary enough for a child to have to
deal with the immediate effects of lows and highs, and all the daily extra
responsibilities none of their friends have.

Do you have a teen diabetes support group in your area?  Or how about diabetes
camp next summer?  Both allows for education and support, and best of all,
it's not us (the hovering mothers) doing the talking.

I know how scary it is to wonder what the future holds for our kids.  Just
hang in there.  This group is a great source of info and support for us
parents.  Thanks to all!

JoAnn, mom to Dan, 14