[IP] Sterility of lancets and needles

I also reuse my lancets many times; but of course, only on myself.  Before I
started pumping six years ago, I also occasionally injected through my
clothes, especially if I were somewhere where I didn't want to be very
obvious. During 16 years of multiple daily injections, I never had an
infection; but as you correctly said, some people are more prone to
infections than others.  I'm not making any suggestions, just stating what
my experience has been.

In essence, I agree with everything you said with one major exception "The
surface of a smooth steel lance is a terrible culture medium, much worse
than bare skin."  Why do you say that?