Re: [IP] Which pump is the right one?

> The pump companies have to have a script to protect their fannies.
> The nurse practioner or CDE in your endo's office should be able to
> just mail you the necessary Rx's if you request them by phone.
> I wish it were that easy! Here in Dallas, they have age restrictions
> on who can pump (10 and older). I see their point (to some degree),
> but if the parents are BOTH educated (diabetes-wise) and willing to
> take responsibility, I don't see why they won't give us the saline
> trial. Make a decision based on how THAT goes (not just a certain
> age).

The Dallas restrictions are artifically imposed by the doctors
themselves. Dallas is tough for pumpers of any age. There's also
nothing wrong with just using your pediatrician. Many times the pump
companies can steer you to a cooperative physician that has pump

sigh.... yes, wish it were easier. I'm workin' on it :-)