[IP] Re: John Walsh

Tammy and others,
John Walsh is already doing more than many in the diabetes community. I think
it's nice when people do anything at all, even if it is at a profit. Maybe it
would be nicer if some would do more, but I'm happy for any contributions
from anyone. I sometimes marvel at how much some of the parents on this list
and elsewhere have done to advocate for their children with diabetes, i.e,
start up nonprofits, clubs, the IP list, etc. My family's involvement is
basically supporting me and learning from me. They don't do their own
research or fundraising. They don't lobby for gov't funding or educate
lawmakers. But I'm grateful for what they do. I'm grateful for what Mary
Tyler Moore has done too.
I think we should all take to heart the famous quote from Ghandi:
Just some thoughts...
dxed T1 9/92, pumping since 1/02