[IP] RE: Which pump is the right one?

Hi Linda
Only you can make that decision.  I have just recently spent a great deal of
time researching insulin pumps for my son.  I called the pump companies and
asked for information.  I also spoke with area sales reps for each company.
I told all of them that I was looking at all the pump companies.  I looked
at all the features available to see which would work best for us.  Then I
joined this mail list and childrenwithdiabetes.com and asked for the
opinions of those who live with pumps everyday.  I also got the book
"Pumping Insulin" by John Walsh.

All of this research led me to choosing the Animas pump.  They were the only
company that called me back to see if we had made a decision and what they
could do to help us.  They offered to let us wear a pump with saline for a
few days, even if we decided to go with another company.

We are now in the process of getting the pump.  Hopefully we will have it
within a couple of weeks when all the insurance stuff is worked out.

Carolyn, mom of Jeremy 8 (dx 5/00, soon to be pumping)