[IP] Yecch diatician!

I went to see a dietician/nutritionist for myself to get some help in losing
weight.  I myself do not have diabetes, but my son has been diagnosed  with
type 1 for 13 of his 14 years.  Toward the end of my too expensive
appointment this dietician made comments to the effect that if my son eats
sugar he's bound to lose his toes and destroy his retinas, regardless of the
pump and his blood glucose control.  I was so furious I could barely  utter
what I knew to let her know how wrong she was, and told her it was a topic
couldn't discuss.  I'm still reeling from the whole encounter - and this was
many hours earlier today.  Thanks for being there to listen.  I know this is
one list where people understand!

What eon did she last read a metabolism journal, and in what Century did she
climb undedr the Rock Of  Ignorance.What a moron! And why only his toes? I'd
stamp on hers and tell her to get lost. It is criminal that people like this
represent the medical community.  spot,
A. L. Bender, M. D.