[IP] Diabetes IS a Killer DO NOT READ!!!

Pumpers and Friends,

    Diabetes IS a Killer, I'm sorry to tell you but it is TRUE. I have seen it
to many times not to know it is. Sometime it is slow and sometimes it is fast.
 Where was great little kid, 2 yrs old is seen for his checkup and bloodwork
and everything is great doctor tells his mom he is growing, not a thing wrong
with him. Then one month to the day he is dead, he was not feeling well for a
few days... just a little slow, tells mom I don't feel good can I have some
water? Then with in 24 hours he is dead. When his mom is dead at 51, just goes
to sleep never to get out of bed again. The sad fact is every one of the
family members are have lived a long time...aves ages before they passed on is
91yrs old out of 68 people. And why did it happen both the mom and son  were
diabetic.
   Why do I care because this is my family, I'm going slowly... a bit at a
time.. my gut will kill me someday, its tried a few times ... back in 1998 I
was dead 7 times over a 6 month time... first time I was very lucky I was at
the Fire station... blood sugar dropped , then my heart just stopped... it
needs glucose and K+ to work. So they get me to the hospital, and it happen 5
more time in the hospital over the 6 months I was in. When one more time after
I was send home, someone was watching out for me because as I hit the floor
that time the homecare nurse was walking in the door. I have been living with
a insulin pump for 20+yrs, picc-line IV's for 18yrs.... sometimes for drugs,
sometimes for TPN(IV FOOD).... I had stomach tubes in off and on for 20 yrs.
Had a J-tube, ports and other things done to my body.. I will forget about.
And now today I had a HE** of a low blood sugar... meter "LOW" under 20..
seizure.... and now I'm bleeding again inside and outside too.  It is so much
fun to pass blood out both ends.
   SO PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME, DIABETEC IS NOT A KILLER, FOR IT IS SOMETIME FAST
AND SOMETIME SLOW BUT IT STILL CAN KILL YOU.

   I fight everyday to not let it get me, I use every tool I can to keep
fighting. I worked for over 25 yrs, but DM did not let me do everything I
wanted to do, but I did most... it is working hard to kill me now adays. But I
will fight it with the help of my IP friends, my pump, and the love of my
family.

         REMEMBER TO SMILE AND BE HAPPY

                   Rodney

ps:thank you for listening to me vent