[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #629

Sara, you should have stayed awake in that biochemistry 101
correspondence class?  The gut breaks the protein into amino acids -
no insulin needed.  But the amino acids do use some insulin to get
into cells. The amino acids can be converted into glucose in the
liver and muscle, and the liver glucose can get into the blood.
Maybe I misunderstood your question. Maybe it wasn't even a question