RE: [IP] Switching to Novolog..A Question?

Kathy how did changing the carb/meal ratio  help? If I
increase the bolus I'll crash worse later and if I
decrease it, my 2 hour BS will be higher. My 2 hour
post breakfast is the worse. So this morning I just
tried a shot of Humalog instead of the Novolog bolus
for breakfast. 2hr after Breakfast BS 111, ate 15C,
ran 4 miles, BS 80. On Novolog this would have looked like this: 2hr BS

Meg, you didn't state as to whether or not you tried doing this with both
insulins eating the same exact thing and to see what would happen.

I guess it's more a combination of what I am eating and how much insulin I
am taking than just the insulin/carb ratio.  Higher fiber diet keeps b.g. on
an even keel and doesn't spike whereas higher glycemic foods will spike and
by the time the insulin is really kicking in, you crash.

Don't have any scientific explanation as to why this helps me but it does...

Kathy B.