RE: [IP] Logbook DM coming soon!

Sounds great...congratulations!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Bruner [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:14 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Logbook DM coming soon!

Hello, fellow pumpers...

About a month or so ago, I mentioned that I was writing software for
Palm-based PDAs for helping to manage diabetes.  Although there are
other applications out there, all of them were harder to use than
necessary (too many actions to just record everything), or it didn't do
what I wanted.  Anyhow, I'm happy to report, I'm nearing completion.
My goal is to have the first release out by the end of the month. The
name of the application is Logbook DM (DM stands for Diabetes

Of course, for those who have the Freestyle Tracker, I can't compete
with a built-in meter.  :-)  But, for everyone else, here are the
features in the first release:

1. Single-screen entry for glucose level, carbs, insulin, low blood
sugar, ketones, exercise, and notes. (Literally, you can enter all
information in less than 5 seconds (depending on how quick you are with
2. Automated calculation of insulin required based on user-defined meal
and correction bolus rates (with two "levels" of correction bolus
3. Also, the ability to factor in the unused insulin rule automatically.
4. Statistics which include average BG, interpolated average BG,
estimated A1C level, and #'s within set target range, all over past 24
hours, 7 days, 14 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, or everything.
5. Summary view of all entries.

After this first release, I have plans for future features.  I know
these are very useful, but I wanted to get the first version out there
in people's hands while I work on the next set of features.  These
features which will appear in subsequent releases include:

1. Ability to export data (top priority!!!)
2. Integrated food database.
3. More statistical information
4. Place to store bolus information, etc.
5. Easy reminder alarms for various things such as checking BG again.
6. Other suggested features?!?

So, be on the lookout for my accouncement of Logbook DM in the next
couple of weeks.  The reason I'm posting this information now, however,
is to make one final request for any features that I might be missing
that are absolute must-haves, or just features you would like to see in
the future.