RE: The Insurance Labyrinth (was)[IP] Animas vs. Minimed

This is very true about insurance companies.  I refer to insurance companies
as "a necessary evil."  They say no and a lot of people do not bother to go
any further.  We are in the process of getting a pump for our son, Jeremy.
The insurance said they would only cover up to $2000.  This is nothing when
you look at the cost of a pump.  We went to our employer ( who can approve
any insurance coverage) and explained the situation to them.  They have now
added coverage for an insulin pump!  There have been many times that I have
fought for coverage of something that I felt should be covered.  Most of the
time I get it taken care of.  Unfortunately, you have to put forth the
effort and do the work yourself, but it does pay off in the end.

Carolyn