[IP] Re: Allergy to adhesives

I developed an allergy to the Silhouette infusion sets about a years after I
began pumping with my 508. I called MiniMed and they sent me a clinical
services tape kit with various types of adhesive and skin prepping products
to try. They suggested that I start with a certain product and, if that
didn't resolve the problem, keep experimenting with the others until I found
one that did. If people continue to have trouble after trying the 8 or so
products provided in the kit, they do offer a help line for additional

 I ended up selecting a product called Bard Protective Barrier Wipes. They
come in small foil wrapped packets that are easy to carry and, more
importantly, to use. After showering, I just open a packet and swab the area
with the wipe before inserting the infusion set. I have had no allergic
reactions since I began using Bard wipes a year ago. I have heard however,
that people might need to change skin preps occasionally as they can become
ineffective over time. Once you find a product that works, you can order it
from MiniMed although it might be sold elsewhere for less money since none of
those included were MiniMed branded.

I hope this helps.