[IP] Hemoglobin A1C result

It was 6.5!! (yesterday)
(I have been pumping for 3 months.)
My endo and I did the dance of joy together.
He said that he was changing my diagnosis from "uncontrolled diabetes" to

"CONTROLLED diabetes"!!
I have been diabetic for 22 years, being asked many times, "is your
diabetes controlled?",
I had no comprehension of what that meant. I (almost) never checked my bg
and generally ignored my disease, I was always so ashamed.
Tears well up when I even think the word "controlled".

I must give Lantus a lot of credit for my attitude change. Less than a
year ago, on a very rare visit to see my GP (A1C was 11.), he suggested
Lantus and the 24 hour dose gave me confidence and hope that I could get
a handle on things.

I have such a long way to go, I have numerous other health issues, all a
direct result of poor control, my diet leaves much room for improvement,
and exercise is a problem right now because of charcot, etc., etc.,...I
just wanted to thank you all collectively for all the good information I
gleam from you. It has helped me so much.