Re: [IP] cakes and shots

From: "Julie Britt" <email @ redacted>

<<<It's my younger brother's birthday this week and I want to make him a
cake.
He'd really like one, and I can't afford to buy him a present, so...  He
hasn't had a normal birthday cake for years because my parents still believe
he can't have cake.  He is not on a pump though.  Any tips on how he could
adjust for the cake?  Is it like a bolus only with a needle?  Thanks!>>>

I have a very simple formula that I use for ALL cakes, I know it's not
perfectly precise, but it gives me a rough estimate.  I weigh my slice of cake
on a gram scale, the carbs would be half the weight, for ex: if it weighs 50
grams, it would contain 25 grams of carb.
I've been using this formula for years with very good results.

Rabbi Hirsch Meisels
Jewish Friends With Diabetes
www.FriendsWithDiabetes.org