[IP] RE: Insurance Labyrinth

I am taking a pro-active approach to this problem before I need a new pump.
What I am doing is having pump reps stop by and show me their product and
having them send me the info packets.  Then I am in contact with the supply
house which is supposed to be paying my pump supplies.  I have asked them and
my HMO to be sure to be aware of the different pumps and to make sure all
patients are allowed a choice.  So far they have listened to me, and in fact
want to hear my opinions on the different pumps.

I am also providing pump reps with the names of the three major HMO's in town,
so they can visit with them as well.

The only way to make sure things work in the patient's favor is to become
involved. Maybe we have smaller HMO's here--I dont know--but the response to
myself and what I am trying to do has been nothing but good so far.
Of course, when I want a new pump in two years.................