Re: [IP] Animas vs. Minimed

In a message dated 9/17/2002 9:53:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Our insurance gave us such a hard time about getting an Animas pump, and
> although Animas seemed to bend over backwards for us to help us out, and
> really tried to stay in contact with us throughout the whole process, I
> truly
> regret the six weeks I spent waiting.  In the end we went with a Paradigm
> and
> it just arrived today and it only took us a week from start to finish to get
> it ordered, approved and shipped

Hearing these kinds of stories just pisses me off SO much.  The choice of a
pump should be the pumpers, based on advice on their diabetes care team and
personal needs -- NOT the insurance company.  It doesn't matter which pump
Ryan wanted -- you should have been able to get it in hand in that same week
time frame!

Pumpmama to Katie