RE: [IP] Switching to Novolog..A Question?

--- Kathy Bruckmeyer <email @ redacted> wrote:
> I too had high b.g. 2 hrs after I ate with Novalog
> and then crashed 5 hrs
> after taking a bolus.
> I started playing around with the insulin to carb
> ratio for different meals
Kathy how did changing the carb/meal ratio  help? If I
increase the bolus I'll crash worse later and if I
decrease it, my 2 hour BS will be higher. My 2 hour
post breakfast is the worse. So this morning I just
tried a shot of Humalog instead of the Novolog bolus
for breakfast. 2hr after Breakfast BS 111, ate 15C,
ran 4 miles, BS 80.
On Novolog this would have looked like this: 2hr BS
200+, run, BS 50-. I really don't want to take a shot
but it really wouldn't be that big of deal. any
thoughts on this? meg

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines