Re: [IP] Animas vs. Minimed

I had a similar reaction to James' regarding my insurance company's refusal to
pay for an Animas pump, even with my endo specifically stating this was the
only pump that would work for me.  After escalating the to the top of the
insurance company ladder and the top of the Animas chain, we managed to beat
down the insurance company and get it funded.   Not easy, but in retrospect I
made my point and got the pump I wanted.

No doesn't always mean no in the insurance company world.  =)

--- James Canning <email @ redacted> wrote:

> This is your decision, and I criticize only the way your insurance
> company seems to have practically forced you to choose a particular
> pump, regardless of the worth of others on the market.
> That's something that would make me ignite, i.e. someone telling me I
> can't have what I want and know is good, just because they said so.
> PS I'm one of those people who has a LOT to say whenever the price of
> drugs comes up! I spend much less than many people on drugs, but the
> nerve of those crooks!!!

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! News - Today's headlines