Re: [IP] "Pizza effect", etc.

Ryan, where did you find this out?

<<<<<<So, I figured there was another reason.  Well, last week, I found out
the REAL reason for the pizza effect.  It turns out that certain types
of foods (I forget off the top of my head what specifically) actually
trigger the release of glucagon in the body.  Pizza is one of those
foods (there is something in pizza that does this).  So, you bolus your
normal amount to take of carbs, but the body then releases the glucagon
which causes the delayed rise in blood sugars.  That is why I need to
give EXTRA insulin when I eat pizza.  Problem is, each person reacts
differently.  So, there is no set rule as to calculate this.  One
person might have to give an extra 5 units versus another who only
needs 1.>>>>>>>.