Re: [IP] FW: NNF - Low-Carb Diet Bad for Bones and Kidneys

This is so typical of the pseudo nutritional science that gets
promulgated. Guesses about long term effects based on no data.   "if
this pattern,,,,", "it would almost certainly",,, which really means,
" although we didn't do the study right, we still firmly believe our
preconceived notions.
   There was a study a few months ago that compare about 25 subjects
on the Atkins diet and 25 on a conventional diet.  They were
concerned with what eating all that fat and protein would do to blood
lipids and renal function.  To the authors amazement, the blood
lipids after 3 months weren't much different in the high fat and low
fat diets!  And there was no indication if kidney problems.  But they
had to add that although the Atkins diet was more effective in weight
loss,they didn't know the long term consequences.