Re: [IP] running vs. golf

In a message dated 9/18/02 1:44:11 AM !!!First Boot!!!, email @ redacted

> When I golf, I find that I have to reduce the basal
> setting (from .3/hr to .1/hr--the lowest setting on
> the paradigm) AND eat before with a reduced carb bolus
> AND have at least one snack for each nine holes AND
> I still have lows sometimes, which definitely makes
> golf less fun. You can tell from my scorecards
> which holes I've gone low on: low bg=high score

I don't know what the difference is between running vs. golfing, but my 16
year old son is an avid golfer and he eats a snack before golfing, lowers his
basal rate from 1.6 to .4 and checks his sugar every hour during golf.  He
still gets lows sometimes during golf, but checking every hour helps
eliminate most of the lows.  He tries to  keep his sugar around 140 when he
golfs.  Anything lower and he bottoms out!