[IP] Re: Cake and Shots

Oooh, if one was to take an extra injection for something, might as well make
it a really big piece of cake!

Are you able to figure out the carb content of the cake if you bake one?
Dieticians have lists of all baking ingredients and the carbs of each, so it
is pretty easy to do.

The "standard" rate is that a person requires one unit of insulin to
metabolize 15 grams of carbohydrates.  Of course, as we all know, there are
pretty wide ranges of insulin sensitivity amongst DMers.  But your brother
could use that as a reference point in determining how much extra insulin he
might require.

Have a happy celebration!
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8