Re: [IP] FW: NNF - Low-Carb Diet Bad for Bones and Kidneys

> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 08:16:57 -0400
> From: "Handsfield, James H. (PHPPO)" <
> Dear friends,
> In light of some recent threads, I thought the following might be of
> interest.  It's forwarded with permission in its entirety.  Subscription
> information is at the end.
> Jim Handsfield
> email @ redacted
> The opinions expressed are mine alone and do not necessarily represent
> of my wife who runs our house and makes more important decisions than I

Dear Jim,

Thanks for sharing this.  I have been low carbing for more than 5 years, and
so far so good, but I will ask my doctor to continue to keep an eye on all
these things.  It's always best to be as careful as you can.  Right now,
since I am soooo sensitive to carbohydrates, I will opt to continue my low
carb approach, however, it's always best to have access to information.
Thanks again.  By the way, I have eliminated red meat entirely and have
restricted my intake of protein to fish, tofu, other soy products and very
occasionally, chicken (no skin).  It would be interesting to know what the
study's "low carb" diet consisted of.  I'll check out the link you provided.
Happy pumping to all!