[IP] Re Useless Fingers

Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 07:41:39 -0500
From: "jhughey" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Re: Useless fingers

> > After 46 years using Insulin with the last three and a half years using
> the
> > MiniMed 507 pump my fingers are almost useless.

Out of curiosity, what does using insulin and/or a pump that long have to do
with making the fingers almost useless? No one has been doing home BG
testing that long.
I have lost track of when I started BG testing but with that and other
complications two fingers on each hand are now not useable for BG testing
and the remaining two per hand are so peppered that I frequently have
difficulty getting blood out of them even though I have been taking soluble
aspirin for more than 20 years to minimise heart problems.
Alan Reed