Re: [IP] A1CNow Test

In a message dated 9/17/2002 7:58:46 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Home hbA1c testing can be done with the Metika test kit. A
> prescription is required. They retail for something like $25-$35 I'm
> told. See their web site.

>From the research I did before our move (the details are a bit fuzzy now),
the Metrika home a1c test is as reliable as a lab test.  The main difference
between it and the A1c Now test is that with the Metrika test you collect the
sample at home and send it in to them to analyze and they send the results
back to you -- whereas with the a1c Now test you collect the sample and run
the test yourself and get results in something like 8 minutes (it's very
slick -- but as I said in my previous post, the "acceptable" variance on the
a1c test was to great to make it useful IMO)

Pumpmama to Katie