Re: [IP] A1CNow Test

In a message dated 9/17/2002 5:37:26 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I also had blood drawn for labs at UCLA (where my Dr.s and labs are) this
> morning so I'll try to remember to let everyone know how the two compare,
> results wise.

Could you read through the literature that came with it for us too?  When we
tried it in June (and also foudn it easy to use) -- the "allowable" variance
for the test AT THAT TIME was 1.5 a1c test points . . . so an actual lab
result of 6.5 could have been reported by the A1c Now test as anywhere from a
5.0 to 8.0 and still been within the "acceptable" tolerances . . . A range of
variance which we deemed far too broad to be useful to us.  At the time, we
were told that they were working on refining the test so that it would have a
tighter range, but I haven't heard any specific news about that happening . .
. If you read the product literature that came with it, it should tell you
what the allowable range is (at least it did when we used the test) . . . In
any case, please keep us posted  . . . Thanks!

Pumpmama to Katie