[IP] Re: Animas battery life

In a message dated 9/17/02 "Trish Ober" <email @ redacted> writes:

<< If you "confirm" the low
battery alarm  it immediately ceases and there is plenty of time to change the
batteries. >>

OK, how many of your Animas pumps actually do this?  My rep got me a new one
in July because I complained about not being able to turn the alarm off
without removing the batteries, and the new one I got has the same problem.

I have also had some "call service" problems with it, so I went back to using
the previous pump.

Last night, I got a low battery alarm with that one after 16 days of battery
use (energizer batteries from Animas).  Though the low battery screen with
the "confirm" button did not respond to the push (the screen, as usual, going
blank very quickly but looking backlit), the alarm stopped on its own just as
I sat down to change after locating the new batteries (maybe 3 minutes
later?).  I did not change the batteries, and the pump still has power, and I
have seen (or heard <gr.>) no more warnings.  Has this happened to anyone
else?  There is no record of the alarm in "alarm history".

My plan had been to start changing the batteries the first of every month to
avoid the alarms, but now I don't know what to do.  (Kevin, are you reading
this?  You told me last Monday you would get back to me about the alarm

Linda Z